Narendra Modi is the current Prime Minister of India and has implemented several initiatives during his time in office. Here are some of the major initiatives or schemes launched by his government:
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana: Launched in August 2014, this scheme aims to provide financial services to the unbanked and underbanked population of India. It has been highly successful, with more than 400 million bank accounts opened so far.
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan: Launched in October 2014, this is a cleanliness and sanitation campaign aimed at making India cleaner and more hygienic. It includes construction of toilets, waste management, and promotion of cleanliness habits.
- Make in India: Launched in September 2014, this initiative aims to boost manufacturing in India and attract foreign investment. The government has taken several steps to make it easier to do business in India and has identified several sectors for investment.
- Digital India: Launched in July 2015, this initiative aims to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. It includes several projects such as the National Optical Fibre Network, Wi-Fi hotspots in public places, and e-governance services.
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana: Launched in January 2016, this scheme provides insurance coverage to farmers for crops at a lower premium. It aims to protect farmers from losses due to natural calamities or other unforeseen events.
- Ayushman Bharat: Launched in September 2018, this is a health insurance scheme aimed at providing financial protection to the poor and vulnerable sections of society. It provides coverage for secondary and tertiary healthcare services up to Rs. 5 lakh per family per year.
- Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT): Launched in June 2015, this scheme aims to provide basic amenities like water supply, sewage, and urban transport in cities and towns.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY): Launched in June 2015, this scheme aims to provide affordable housing to the urban poor. The government has set a target of constructing 20 million affordable houses by 2022.
- Skill India: Launched in July 2015, this initiative aims to provide skill training to the youth of India and create a skilled workforce. It includes several projects such as the National Skill Development Mission, Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana, and Skill Loan Scheme.
In conclusion, the above initiatives launched by the government of India under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi aim to transform the country and make it more inclusive, prosperous, and globally competitive. These initiatives have been successful in achieving their goals and have made a significant impact on the lives of the people of India.