WBSCC: Government of West Bengal has launched Student Credit Card Scheme for students of West Bengal. It is a great initiative to promote and support Higher studies. SCC scheme allows soft loan up to 10 lakhs for higher studies. This credit card loan scheme will allow a student to repayment the loan amount for 15 years. This scheme is very good for students like you, because after getting a job you need to repay the loan. If you compare this kind of loan with traditional bank loan then you will find WBSCC credit gives you more facilities.
Many students till date leave their dream of higher study, because of high cost. But now this scheme will make more higher educated successful person. Now students from West Bengal can fulfill their higher studies. Know more about this loan scheme and apply as per your need.
What is West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme 2021
To support youth of West Bengal in education sector this loan scheme has been introduced. This education credit scheme provide education loan up to Rs. 10 lakhs at an interest rate of 4% only. This scheme is a part of “Arthik Shujog, Shobol Jubo”. You can borrow this credit for your education purpose, because you need not to pay before your job.
Honorable Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee introduced this special scheme. This SCC scheme has taken a target to provide benefit at least 1.5 crore students in higher education. Using Student Credit Card scheme, students pursing Higher Secondary, Graduation, Post-graduation shall be eligible to apply SCC loan up to ₹10 Lakhs. Students will receive this loan as a credit in their bank account at subsidized interest rate of 4%.
WBSCC Scheme Details
|Name of Scheme||WB Student Credit Card Scheme|
|Applicable Year||June 2021|
|Who are Eligible Beneficiaries||Students, for Higher Education|
|Beneficiaries Count||1.5 crore|
|Type of Scheme||Soft Loans through Student Credit Cards|
|SCC Scheme Launch Date||30 June 2021|
|Credit Amount||up to Rs. 10 lakhs|
|Interest Rate||4% only|
|Applicable Courses||Under graduate (UG), Post graduate (PG), Higher studies.|
|Age Limit||Age within 40 years|
|Loan tenure||15 years after getting job|
|Helpline & Contact Details||Toll-Free Number – 18001028014|
e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility to Apply WB Student Credit Card Scheme
To apply under WBSCC Scheme, Please check eligibilities criteria’s described here. You can take the credit for your higher education.
- WBSCC Scheme is for students of west Bengal only.
- You must born in West Bengal or Stay in WB for more than 10 years.
- You can apply this credit scheme after you complete class 10.
- Credit would be eligible for undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral and post-doctoral study in India or abroad. You can extend the loan to prepare exams like IITs, IIMs, NLUs, IAS, IPS, WBPS or competitive examination.
- You can use the credit for institutional expenses and non-institutional expenses.
Documents Required for West Bengal Student Credit Card
- Applicant Aadhar card
- Residence certificate
- Valid Mobile number
- Passport size photograph
- Age proof (Birth Certificate, Voter Card, Aadhar Card)
- Ration card
- Income certificate
- Applicant Bank account details
How to apply WB Student Credit Card Scheme
Application process of WB SCC Scheme is very simple and you can apply this credit request in online mode.
- STEP 1: To apply this loan visit official website at https://banglaruchchashiksha.wb.gov.in/
- STEP 2: In this Web site click on Student Credit Card.
- STEP 3: You can directly open WB Student Credit Card Yojana Portal: https://wbscc.wb.gov.in/
- STEP 4: At this WB Student Credit Card Scheme portal, click on Student Registration
- STEP 5: In this form, applicant need to fill application form including below details and complete the application.
- Applicant Full Name
- Date of birth
- Your Gender
- Aadhar number
- Program type
- Program name
- State of institution
- District of institution
- Name of institution
- Applicant Mobile number
- Your Email ID
- Your secret Password etc.
- STEP 6: after completing this form hit on Register button.
- STEP 7: After successful completion your unique ID will be created and you will receive the ID in your mobile number.
Student Credit Card login and check application status
To login West Bengal Student Credit Card Portal open the following link-
- Visit WBSCC official portal to login: https://wbscc.wb.gov.in/
- In WBSCC web site click on Student Login
- Enter your credentials like user ID, Password and captcha.
- Now click on Login.
- From you credit card portal dashboard you can track your application status and other details.
Also check the PDF of WB Student Credit Card Scheme (Training Manual for Students) https://wbscc.wb.gov.in/assets/StudentManual.pdf
You may like: Check Aadhar ration card link status and update online.
FAQ related to WB Student Credit Card Scheme
Ans. Maximum credit limit of WBSCC scheme is up to Rs. 10 Lakhs
After secondary or equivalent examination you can apply for this scheme.
You can repay the credit amount after getting a job and you will get 15 years long repayment time.
Interest rate of this scheme is only 4%.
To apply for this scheme you need to submit Aadhar card, ration card, Income certificate, Bank details, Higher study prove, Mobile Number, etc.