India’s post office service is worlds largest postal service. Right now there are 1.55 lakh post office servicing services all over India. But there are many areas not getting post office services easily. 89% post office Present in rural area rest are at urban area. But till now there is is many places present in India looking for a single post office. For this reason Indian post office offering franchise to reach each corner of India. If you are looking to start a new business the Post office franchise opportunity can be your good choice. You can earn sufficient money by taking a post office franchise.
Who can apply for post office franchise?
- Age- Candidate must be 18 years old. No upper age limit
- Qualification- Class 8th pass is necessary to apply for a post office franchise
- Nationality- any Indian citizen can apply Indian post office franchise franchise
- Family- If any family member works in postal department, then you can’t apply.
- Organization- any organization can take post office franchise.
Types of post office
India post offers two types of franchise through franchise scheme;
- Counter services through Franchise Outlets in areas where there is a demand for postal services, but a post office cannot be opened.
- Sale of postal stamps and stationery through Postal Agents in urban and rural areas.
Criteria of franchise outlet
- Application- Applicant have to submit application form in a prescribed proforma.
- Infrastructure- Applicant must have at least 200 sqft space to setup the infrastructure.
- MOU- Selected candidate have to sign Memorandum of agreement with the department.
- Security deposit- candidate have to pay Rs 5000 as security deposit.
How to apply?
To take Post office franchise, you have to apply through offline mode. Fill form and submit.
- Download application form– Download from Official web site of postal department- https://www.indiapost.gov.in/VAS/DOP_PDFFiles/Franchise.pdf
- Fill the Application form- Fill all necessary areas like Name, Nationality, Address, Premise location etc.
- Form submission- After filling the form submit the form post divisional office.
With the post office application form you have to submit Xerox copy of some necessary documents-
- Proof of Date of Birth- Admit card, Voter card, Aadhar card etc.
- Address proof– Electricity bill, Voter card, Aadhar card.
- PAN card.
Commission Offered by Postal department
As a post office franchise outlet you wil get commission from the department on sale of services and products. Commission offered-
- Per Registered Post Article Booked: Rs 3
- Per Speed Post: Rs 5
- For 100 to 200 Rupees Money Order: Rs 3.50
- More than Rs 200 Money order: Rs 5
- For Postage Stamp, Postal Stationery, Money Order form: 5 percent commission
What to offered from Franchise outlet?
- Sale of stamps and stationery.
- Booking registered articles, speed post articles, money orders.
- Functioning as an agent for Postal Life Insurance (PLI) and provide related after sales service, including collection of premium.
- Retail services like bill/tax/fine collection/payment services of the Department.
- Facilitating the provision of e-governance and citizen centric services.
- Any other service introduced by the Department in future through its outlets.