What is Application software?
Application software is a set of programs designed to perform a specific task. Applications for desktop or laptop computers are called desktop applications, for mobile devices are called mobile apps.
Application software types–
- Word Processor: It allows you to write a letter, create many other types of documents. Example- WordPad, MS-Word, Notepad, etc.
- Spreadsheets: It allows to perform mathematical functions, tabular representation of data. Example- MS Excel, Lotus Smart suites, Apple Numbers, etc.
- Presentations: This apps are used to make presentations. Example- MS-PowerPoint, Presentation Graphics, etc.
- Graphics Tools: Paint, Photoshop, CorelDraw, etc.
- Web Browsers: It allows to access internet. Example- Chrome, Opera, Fire Fox, etc.
Utility software: not directly involved in productivity–
- Antivirus: Norton, Avira, Quick heal, Microsoft Security Essential, etc.
- System information: CPUZ, Hwinfo, PC Wizard etc.
Application Software Installation
- Desktop or Laptop: Download software from internet and run setup file.
- Mobile Device: Get apps from Play store or any other app stores.