In one interview there are several rounds to judge best candidate. obviously interview steps will depend upon company structure. It can start from sending a cv then telephonic or video calling to face-to-face interview, then Aptitude test, Technical round, HR round etc. with hiring manager. Here we will discuss some common questions that can be asked on interview table.
1. Introduce Yourself / Tell me something about yourself
Good morning/afternoon/evening sir/madam. I think the best way to describe myself would be to say that I am a recent graduate/H.S pass out of_________.Since i am a fresher, I would want to get a job with your reputable company, where I can apply my knowledge and kills to the maximum. I have also done a course of ( course name) where l had under gone extensive training on the (domain) which is similar to the job opening in your organization. I am also comfortable at learning new things which will help me to work efficiently.
2.What are your strengths and weaknesses?
I am disciplined, honest and have an aptitude for learning new things but l am too self Critical and a big perfectionist when it comes to work.
3. Do you want to do higher studies?
Learning helps in increasing wisdom. Learning new things would allow me to do work more efficiently so l would love to enhance my knowledge.
4. What is your greatest fear?
To be honest there is nothing specific that I fear although something happening to my
family sometimes bothers me but that is very general. Professionally since l am a fresher as of now I have not found any reasons to feel afraid.
5. Do you have any serious medical issues?
I believe in fitness and take care of my health. I do morning walks to keep myself healthy.
6. What do your friends say about you?
My friends who are close to me love me and depend on me for opinions. They think l am energetic, positive minded and a kind hearted person.
7. What is your ideal company or workplace?
As l am a fresher l want to be in a company where l can do a good job, share my ideas and increase my skills.
8. What is the most difficult thing you have ever done?
During the last year of my college/school I took part in a debate competition. It was tough for me but it helped me to overcome my fears of public speaking to a great extent.
9. What is the difference between hard work and smart work?
Hard work is doing work on time with lot of efforts and smart work is delivering work on time, with minimum effort.
10. How do you feel about working weekends and night shifts?
I have no problem in working during weekends and at nights.
11. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
I am certain that the coming five years will be good for me. I can see myself growing in the company and taking ownership of important work and also enhance my skills.
12. How quickly do you adapt to new technology?
Since l like learning new things I can learn fast and can adapt quickly to new technologies
13. What software packages are you familiar with?
I am proficient in Operating Systems like Windows. I am familiar with Microsoft Wot Excel, PowerPoint and Internet.
14. What makes you angry?
I am very organized and love to complete any work on time. I feel angry if I cannot finish the job on time.
15. Do you like experimenting?
llike to experiment with new things, but I remember my past mistakes while doingso.
16. What are your future goals?
My goal is to join a reputed company where I can apply my knowledge and want to do meaningful work in the company.
17. What motivates you?
Rewards and Recognition motivates me.
18. What are your hobbies?
I love to learn new things. I read as much as possible. Moreover, internet also allows me to find out many new information on several topics. Other than this I also spend time on listening to Music/Gardening/Cooking/Reading Books/Playing cricket.
19. What are your biggest achievements till date?
You can write your own achievement. Winning any competition/Getting highest marks in class/Given a special award.
20. What are you most proud of?
It is yet to come. The day get my fist job will be my proudest achievement which is still pending.
21. What has been your greatest failure?
Since this is my first step to finding a suitable job. I do not have any failures in this area. however personally there has been instances where I have not been able to meet up a few expectations.
22. What is your ideal company or workplace?
As l am a fresher I want to be in an organization where I can do a good job and share my ideas.
23. How do you respond to change?
I love doing new things so l enjoy change.
24. Are you an organized person?
Yes, I am organized. I keep all my documents, certificates and files labeled and sorted.
25. How do you manage time?
I make a to-do list with timelines and stick to this until any further changes happen.
26. Are you reliable?
Yes lam a reliable person. I like helping my friends and family, whenever l get a chance I am always around for them.
27. What are the three things that are most important for you in a job?
Honesty, loyalty, and determination to achieve my team’s target.
28. If you won a Rs.1 crore lottery, would you still work?
Yes I would still work, to build my career. As far as the lottery money is concerned, I will buy a huge house for my Mom and Dad and donate some to an NGO.
29. What makes you happy?
Success makes me happy. also feel happy after completing my task. Holidaying with my family also makes me happy.
30. What is the difference between calendar year and financial year?
The financial year runs from I st April to 31 st March. The calendar year runs from 1st Jan to 31st December.
31. Can you handle pressure?
To working under pressure ls what I have done a lot during my college days. I have realized that I can actually work well under pressure.
32. Are you willing to relocate or travel?
I have no problems in travelling if it is needed for the job.
33. What do you know about us or our company?
Give company information like what the company does, where they are located etc.
34. How long do you think you will work for us after we hire you?
I want to work with your organization for a long time as long as I can learn new thing and the company needs me.
35. Do you have any other offer in hand?
No l don’t.
36. Why do you want this job?
I have always wanted to do this kind of job which is there in your organization. I will be very happy to do it and I can learn a lot of things from this too.
37. Do you know anyone who works for us?
38. Why should I hire you?
I have all the skills that are needed for this job opening so you can hire me.
39. What are your salary expectations?
I expect a salary as per my qualification and your company rules.
40. Do you have any questions for me?
No thank you. It was great talking to you. However, you can ask questions if you have.
41. On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate yourself.
I rate myself 8 out of 10 as I have a lot to learn but I am confident and can learn new things. I am open to changes as well.
42. What is the difference between Net Salary and Gross Salary?
Net Salary is the income that an employee takes home after deduction of taxes. Gross Salary is the amount paid before deduction of taxes or other deductions and is inclusive of bonuses, over-time pay, holiday pay, and other differentials.
43. When can you start?
I can start to work as soon as the company want me to start working.
44. How would you overcome a difficult situation at work?
I would discuss the situation with my senior and the other members of the team and to find a possible solution to it.
45. Would you like to work in a team or alone?
I would like to work in a team as the work gets done faster and in an organized manner
46. Why do you think you are a good fit for us?
I can work in a team and do the job efficiently within set time line.
47. What was the toughest decision you ever had to take?
The toughest decision I had to take is to choose which branch of studies to pursue aft
giving my Class 12 exam.
48. If you disagree with your senior about a work how would you handle the situation?
I would sit with my senior and find out the reason of disagreement. I would also find the cause of the problem and try to come to a solution.
49. Who is your role model and why?
My father/mother/teacher … is my role model. He/ She has guided me to take important decisions in life and handle difficult situations too.
50. Why do you want this Jot?
I want this job because the job role matches what I am looking for. From what I’ve learned so far about the job role and the company, I think It fit to the needs of the job and makes me excited to think about doing the job and all the things I can learn and can contribute.